Tuesday 25 September 2018

22 September 2018

Saturday and I'm off to Liverpool for The World Transformed - a fringe event at the Labour Party Conference. First stop is Hinterlands on Mann Street which takes a bit of finding if you don't know it. I go to Building Community Wealth in our Towns and Cities which features Matthew Brown the Leader of Preston Council which has pioneered community wealth (in the UK at least). There's a very interesting speaker from the USA called Ted Howard which is ahead of the UK on this in many respects. I meet and shake hands with Chunky Mark, one of several left activists I met that day.

Next session is Britain's New Far Right with Ash Shakar and Richard Burgon. Then I move on to the Black E for the Tribune Relaunch with David Harvey (great to see him), Owen Jones, Ronan Burtenshaw and Grace Blakeley (IPPR).

Unfortunately, the photos show the limitation of my small pocket video camera which takes good photos and videos unless there's a high contrast 😞

Hinterlands

Building Community Wealth

Britains New Far Right

Tribune Relaunch




No comments:

Post a Comment