Monday 27 February 2023

24 February 2023

On my return journey I stopped off at the wonderful Tebay services and purchased some provisions but forgot to take a photo.

However, since I haven't said much about the state of broken Britain this year a quick update. Strike action is widespread and rumbling on in the NHS, Royal Mail, Railways and many others. There is a cost of living crisis with sky high energy bills despite the fact that the price of gas has now fallen even though the conflict in Ukraine is still raging. Our rivers and beaches are polluted with sewage. Nicola Sturgeon has resigned as leader of the SNP. Now there are shortages of fresh vegetables, particularly tomatoes. Teresa Coffey, the goon who is environment minster has suggested we eat turnips instead! What a fucking shambles the UK has become!

So here's a quick poem what I wrote:

Turnips


I’m ‘avin turnips 

For my tea

Cos that’s all

That’s available

In the land of the free


I don’t get fresh

With Guernsey toms

No more

I’ve even shown tinned tomatoes the door 

No comments:

Post a Comment