Saturday 4 January 2020

2 January 2020

Only four days into 2020 and I'm behind with this blog already. Anyway, my key theme at the start of this year is books - books everyone ought to be reading. Books that can help transform the world we live into a more equal and sustainable place with more economic power for workers. I started with The Making of a Democratic Economy and now I'm reading The Case for the Green New Deal by Anne Pettifor. 



As I write this in Australia huge bush fires are raging. An estimated 500 million animals have been killed along with 23 people so far. Huge damage has been done and its not over yet by any means. Unless we adopt something like a GND the outlook for our species looks bleak and its something which everyone should get behind if they care about the planet and their children's future.

Apart from reading what did I do? Fixed a flimsy bedhead to a bed and went for an excellent walk by the Weaver on a lovely sunny Winters day.

No comments:

Post a Comment