Wednesday 1 January 2020

New Year 2020

So here we are. It's 2020. A new decade. Let's hope its much better than the last one though the election result on 12th December 2019 was about as bad as it could be. Another 5 years of Tory government which will probably mean a hard Brexit and privatisation of the NHS. There will be no relief for the poor or the homeless. My work at the food bank will continue despite the fact that I was hoping a Labour government would make me redundant!

This is going to be a time when we are going to have to stick together and show solidarity with each other and work hard to build our own economy which is why I've chosen this photograph as the first for this year.


This is a superb book which I bought and read recently and its the only way we can find any sort of independence from the domination of the 0.1% over our lives. I strongly recommend the book and the website of The Democracy Collaborative.

No comments:

Post a Comment