Monday 20 April 2020

20 April 2020

Right, I have broken all the rules of this blog. I have missed out 14 days. Why? Because I tried to update it last week and couldn't get photos to upload so I gave up in disgust.

Its also not so easy to blog when so many days are the same. We are still in lockdown and its difficult to get much variety in photos.

Yesterday's news was bad as ever. The NHS is running out of PPE and the number of hospital deaths reached 16,000. It's still not clear how many deaths there have been in care homes but it's about 7,000. That means the UK is on course to have the highest number of deaths in Europe and possibly the highest number per capita globally.

When this nightmare is over there will have to be some kind of reckoning with criminal prosecutions. We can't allow the usual inquiry whitewash that we get in the UK.

The first two are pictures of the pink supermoon we had early last week taken on my old smartphone. The third is my neighbour passing me something through the hedge in his improvised device.

We are a bit stir crazy but remain in pretty good spirits.




No comments:

Post a Comment